The types of visas available for Albania depend on the purpose of your visit. There are several types of Albanian visas, and each one comes with its own set of application requirements:
- Albania Visa Type A
- Albania Visa Type C
- Albania Visa Type D
Albania EVisa Type A
The A type of Albania visa is also known as the Albania transit visa (A). This type is for those who want to transit through the Tirana International Airport terminal of Albania. The type A Albania visa permits is valid for multiple entries depending on your needs.
Requirement of the EVisa are given below:
- The completed visa application form of the applicant, That is available online free of cost.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant, with 47 mm x 36 mm dimensions.
- Need a photocopy of the valid travel document.
- Residence permit more than 12 months that is issued from the country of residence, with a validity period of at least 3 additional months.
- Photocopy of visa for the country of destination, or any other document that proves affiliation with the country of destination.
- Invitation signed by the host.
- According to legal provisions, where the consent of the parent or legal guardian is expressed in accordance with the applicable law for the travel of the minor.
Note: The application form is completed online during the application, is generated and downloaded by the system.
Albania EVisa Type C
This visa is also known as a short stay Albania Tourist Visa, this visa is granted to those who wish to travel to Albania. This type of visa allows a person to stay in the country for up to 90 days within a 180-day period from the date of entry into Albania.
Type C Visas can be issued for the following purposes:
- Albania Visa for Tourism.
- Albania Visa for Medical purposes.
- Albania Visa for scientific, cultural or sports reasons.
- Albania Visa for official visits.
Some Additional requirements of the Type C visas.
- Proof of employment from the country of birth or country of residence. The foreign citizen has to show that he or she will return home after living in the United States.
- Documents showing a booking in an accommodation facility, or invitation from the person, where they will be accommodated.
- Need a document that shows the applicant has sufficient financial means for living, both for the duration of the stay and for returning to a country.
- Document of Round-trip ticket reservation, or to certify the possibility of personal transport.
- A medical diagnosis issued by a local doctor in Albanian.
- The statement of the hospital institution in the Republic of Albania.
- Documents required to cover the part of health expenditure and certify the existence of adequate resources,
- Travel health insurance of the patient’s companion / companions.
- Confirmation from the host institution.
For Scientific and Cultural reasons:
- Hotel reservation or declaration of host where they will reside.
- Need a document that is shown the applicant has sufficient financial means for living, both for the duration of the stay and for returning to a country.
- Document certifying the attainment of permanent scientific, cultural, or sporting activities in the visa applicant's country of origin.
For Official Visit:
- Invitation from the host institution.
- A written note from the foreigner’s employer.
Albania EVisa Type D
The D type visa is applicable for those who intend to stay in Albania for a long period of time. This type of visa permits a person to stay in the country for up to 90 days and is valid for multiple entries.
The Visa Type D are available in the following categories:
- Albania Student visa.
- Albania Family reunion visa.
- Albania Work visa.
- Albania Diplomatic visa or service visa.
- Albania Humanitarian or religious activities visa.
- Albania Seasonal employment visa.
Basic documents are same for all type of visas but here is some additional documents for the D type visas:
For Student Visa:
- A letter of invitation from a host.
- A proof of acceptance from an Albanian educational institution.
- Financial evidence that is providing coverage of living and education expenses.
- A legal document proving the status of the inviting entity.
- Proof of language proficiency can also be verified by interview with the person in charge of consular affairs at the embassy or consulate.
- Document certifying accommodation in the territory of the Republic of Albania.
For Humanitarian or religious activities visa:
- This notarized license copy is required for carrying out humanitarian and religious activities in the country.
- Statement on the motive for the work by the Humanitarian organization.
- Document that proves the accommodation in the territory of the Republic of Albania.
- A legal document proving the status of the inviting entity.
- A document proving commercial activity or professional ability related to the motives of the applicant's visa application.
For Seasonal employment visa:
- The document is to prove that the foreigner applying for a visa is registered and recognized under seasonal employment agreements.
- Document certifying the residence of the seasonal worker.
- Need to provide the employment contract is for seasonal work activity for up to 6 months, in accordance with the legislation in force that governs labor relations in the Republic of Albania.
- An employment certificate from the National Employment and Skills Agency for workers in occupations that require prior approval.
For Family reunion visa:
- This certificate of cohabitation is issued by the relevant authorities in the country of origin and stating about their cohabitation for more than 12 months.
- Additional documents, such as photographs and films, can be submitted to prove a lasting relationship with the person seeking family reunification.
- A notarized copy of the document certifying that, as an Albanian national residing in Albania, you have sufficient income to ensure life for yourself and your family members who may be under your responsibility.
- A photocopy of the Albanian citizen's identification document, or a photocopy of the foreign citizen's passport and residence permit are required.
For Work visa:
- Evidence of the applicant's professional, commercial ability or activity in their own country which is related to the motives behind their visa application.
- A certificate that asserts the approval of employment for a specific category under the law on foreigners, if required.
Can I obtain a visa when I arrive in Albania?
Not all travelers are eligible for visa-free entry into Albania. Albanian authorities have outlined the nationalities that must apply for a visa during their visit.Our expedited service is ideal for last-minute trips, and the Visa Checker will provide you with the exact documentation you need for a hassle-free journey.